Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Mr. Lovewell





He pursued me relentlessly. I ran. There was no way I was going to open my heart up again. Pain has a way of making you protect yourself, setting up walls to keep you out of harms way.

He won. His persistance paid off. The walls around my heart crumbled, and I found safety where I expected none. In his arms I felt glimpses of a different kind of love; a love that endures.

Eventually, I shoveled away the debris left from my self-made fortress. Bare soul, I walked down the aisle. His eyes said it all. The love he was offering me was true to his character. It was unrelenting, persistant and enduring; it had not changed over the years.

The graying of my hair, an indication of time passing. The mirror confirms that life has indeed not stood still. Over 20 years have slipped by since he noticed me. I have not regretted letting him have access to my heart. Through the valleys of life, he has lovingly cradled my scarred heart; he has also taken me to mountain tops unimaginable. I am so thankful that I let him in!

The above description tells the story of 2 men in my life. Just a little over 20 years ago, the first man I gave my heart to was Jesus. He had been pursuing me for a long time. For an equally long time, I had been trying to find meaning to life. All of my efforts had resulted in pain and loss.

In rode my Prince, not on a stallion but rather on a humble donkey. He did not offer me riches or all the world has to offer. No, He offered me an enduring, persistent love - one that doesn't give up. He gave me what no one else would give...His life.

The second man is the one you see in the photos. He is my husband, my soulmate, my best friend. Through the years he has done an amazing job of reflecting God's love. People are more important to him than all of the riches of this earth. He really is someone who "loves well". I'm blessed that he is my Mr. Lovewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment