Thursday, July 23, 2009

Living in Light of Eternity


Around this time of the year I start shopping for things to fill up shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse. At Christmas time Samaritan's Purse sends the shoeboxes to third world countries. I grab things like flip-flops and tee-shirts when they are on sale. I happened to be getting a few things the other day when precious daughter (child #4) said, "Is that for a girl in Africa?" Without giving the long detailed answer that it could actually go to about 30 different countries, I just simply said, "yes". She started grabbing things off of shelves and wanted to send EVERYTHING to Africa. I'm telling you, she is a girl after my own heart! May she always remember the poor. Even Paul said it was the very thing he was eager to do and who doesn't want to have a faith like Paul's?

No comments:

Post a Comment