Friday, June 5, 2009

She wants to go to Africa

...but not for any of the reasons you may think. There has been a lot of talk about our adopted children's birth moms. We actually spoke with Gabriella's mom on the phone recently and were able to send her some rice. Both Josiah and Brie (as she is affectionately known to us as) have asked if I will someday take them back to Africa. Of course my answer is YES. Next question is, "can I see my black ma?". My answer is "yes, when you are older." Well, Olivia is trying to process all of this. A few days ago she announced, "When I get older, I'm going to Africa and I'm going to see my black ma, too!" Go ahead, just try to convince my strong-willed girl that she does not have a drop of african blood in her! Oh how my children make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment